Vortex Optics is a name brand that has represented excellent quality products at reasonable prices for the last 15 years. The avid marksman or bird-watcher has come to appreciate not only the products but the impeccable service of the company. The Vortex Optics Diamondback 20-60×80 spotting scopes continue with this tradition of excellence.
They are truly remarkable instruments. The spotting scopes are light in weight and streamlined in form. However, one should not be fooled by their appearances. They are well built and can take on the rigors of outdoor activities.
The real proof is in their function. The magnifications and the clarity of the images seen through these scopes are real features that an average adventurer looks for when determining the use of a product. The Diamondback has other noteworthy specs as well. Here are a few:
- Magnification: 20-60 times
- Objective Lens Diameter: 80 millimeters
- Field of View: 105 to 151 feet or 1,000 yards
Other features of the spotting scope include:
- Fog proof: Presence of nitrogen gas keeps the fog away
- Waterproof: O-Rings block out dampness and dust particles
- XR Anti-Reflective Lens Coatings: Increases the light to show the true appearances of objects; reduces glare
- Focusing System: Lets the user see objects at their rough and fine-grained settings
- Porro Prisms: Allow the lens to show an object’s true colors
- Dielectric Prism Coatings: Make the images bright and clear
- Straight in Form: Allows users to angle their scope in any direction
- ArmorTek Exterior: Protects the lens from scrapes
Consumer assessments of the product have been very positive. Many have touted the Diamondback’s clear images as well as the conveniences of the device. Some of the amenities that were listed were the angling eye pieces, sunshade, carrying case, affordability and the Vortex VIP warranty.
- The angling eye pieces, otherwise known as the adjustable eye cup, allow the user to tilt the apparatus at various angles and see through the ocular parts with or without glasses.
- The sunshade lets the user see objects without the blinding light of the sun interfering. Since the sunshade protects the lens, it also allows the viewer to see with clarity even if precipitation occurs.
- The see-through carrying case grants its user true accessibility to the various accessories of the spotting scope.
- Many compared the price of this spotting scope with other more expensive brands. They found that the Vortex Optics spotting scope had better service and prices.
- The manufacturers of the Vortex Optics Diamondback 20-60×80 are so sure of their product that they offer a Vortex VIP warranty. A Vortex VIP, which is short for Very Important Promise, is a warranty that ensures that if the product ever becomes cracked or mutilated that it will be fixed–for free. This aspect of the straight spotting scope is very popular with consumers.
Vortex Optics is a name that has become synonymous with superiority. Their products have always been about satisfying the customers, not about exploiting their trust and wallets. The high-end qualities of their straight spotting scopes not only meet these meticulous ideals of the company, but are affordable also. Customers are elated that these devices allow accuracy in both the forms of the objects being viewed as well as their brilliance in color. They love the ease and comfort in using the scopes. These attributes and many other qualities make the Vortex Optics Diamondback spotting scope a delight for many buyers.