The Bushnell Michael Waddell Bone Collector Edition 4x 21mm Laser Rangefinder is designed for hunters. It doesn’t matter if you’re a gun or bow hunter, if you enjoy spending time in the great outdoors, this rangefinder is for you. It doesn’t feature a lot of bells and whistles, but it’s a sturdy piece of equipment that can’t be beat for accuracy when it comes to measuring distance.
The Bushnell Design
The Bushnell MWBCE is an impressive looking piece of gear. It’s surprisingly light weight, coming in at less than 10 ounces, but don’t let the lightness of it fool you. This is a solid, well-made rangefinder. It comes with a carrying case, but because it’s so compact it can be slipped into a pants pocket when not being used.
Rangefinders can be purchased in a variety of colors, but bright colors aren’t useful in the bush. The Bushnell MWBCE comes in Realtree Xtra Camo which is the perfect design for all kinds of environments. The rangefinder’s outer casing is waterproof, so it remains dependable in wet weather conditions. But keep in mind it cannot be fully submerged in water.
This laser rangefinder is vertically mounted and requires only one hand for easy operation. It features an autofocus and measures target distance with just one tap of a button located directly under the index finger. The Bushnell runs on 9-volt batteries, but you won’t need many replacements as one battery provides thousands of readings. The battery can be tricky to remove – you’ll need a small screwdriver – which means it won’t fall out but may be a hassle to change in the field.
Elements of the Bushnell
The field of view on the Bushnell is 320 feet at 1,000 yards. The eye relief is set at a relaxed 20 mm. The Bushnell’s range is 10 to 600 yards with accuracy to +/- one yard. You’ll get correct readings for up to 200 yards when sighting anything about the size of a deer. For items larger than that use 400, but save 600 for the very largest and most reflective objects. The Bushnell also features 4X magnification. Its images are perfectly crisp and clean and you have the option of measuring in yards or meters. The LCD illuminates the display for easy reading in low light although the brightness cannot be adjusted. The display features include the low battery indicator, measuring unit in use and target hold.
- Lightweight, this makes the Bushnell easy to use in the field
- Compact, comes with a carrying case, but fits in a pocket
- The Realtree Xtra Camo design lets the rangefinder blend into any setting
- Durable, well-made piece of equipment
- Rainproof casing can be used in wet weather (don’t submerge)
- Operates easily with only one hand
- Can measure in meters or yards
- Exceptionally accurate
- Superior imaging that can be used in low light
- 4 X magnification
- LCD allows for easy readings
- One battery provides thousands of readings
- One-year limited warranty
- The 9-volt battery may be difficult to change in the field
- You must turn off the rangefinder to switch between yards and meters
- This rangefinder does not measure angles
If you want a rangefinder from a trusted brand, Bushnell Bone Collector Edition 4x 21mm Laser Rangefinder won’t disappoint. Although this model doesn’t offer the gadgets of some other top tier models, its price corresponds to the features it does provide.